Wednesday 8 February 2012

But Why?

    Today is a bit of a strange one!  I just couldn't get past it, nor understand it!  My darling Mr Charming volunteered (my story and I will tell it how I want!) to take me out for lunch today at the local Tavern.  It has been a while since we have been so I readily agreed, whilst pretending it wasn't my idea in the first place! lol
   
    It must have been rush hour because there were already several groups there.  It seems that we arrived just after EVERY one of those groups had placed their orders.  Mr Charming and I sat sipping our soft drinks (yep, still on the wagon!) awaiting the arrival of our meals.  Being the foodie I am, I was eyeballing everyone else's meal, to find out what I was missing out on by not ordering.....  I was utterly ASTOUNDED with what  80% of the customers ordered!


    TOASTED SANDWICHES!!!!!!!!!! Are you freaking serious?????? When I venture to an establishment that is not only willing to take my order, prepare the food to my requirements, deliver it to me and then do the dishes.... I AM NOT ORDERING A SANDWICH!  I scour the menu for something I would not make myself at home!

    Is it just me because I rarely have the opportunity to eat somewhere other than home? Or is it that others are so set in their comfort zones that they wouldn't dare order anything new when they go out?

    When Mr Charming and I head out, you can be guaranteed on four out of five occasions to find seafood gracing our plates!  Actually today, he had the Seafood Basket (which was cooked to perfection! Thanks chef!) and I dived heartily into a delicious Thai Fish Salad!  On a steamy hot day there is nothing better than flavoursome seafood nestled in a bed of crispy salad!

    If you have any ideas or thoughts on this bizarre phenomenon, PLEASE feel free to share!  I am completely baffled by it!  What do you order when YOU go out for lunch?

Until next time.... let's go Gourmet!


   

1 comment:

  1. Im with you Steph. I order mainly something I do not get at home. Unless of course toasted sandwiches are the best thing on the menu. But that would be sad, lol.

    ReplyDelete