Sunday 26 February 2012

The heavens have opened!!!

128 km Mackay Radar Loop

OMG! Its raining its pouring! We have been simply inundated by rain today! It is way too heavy to go out and check the gauge.... The tanks are overflowing and I can not see the kids being able to go to school in the morning. The water was over the road four hours ago and I imagine it will be MUCH worse in the a.m.

It cracks me up that this is supposed to be the Whitsundays, not the WETsundays! Sunny Queensland... yeah righto....

This would be the perfect weather for brewing up a delicious soup or curry! Not so much for us today though. We are still wading through the mountains of food left over from the party last night. Lasagne, chicken wings, rice salad, sausage rolls, cake, pavlovas.... to name just a few. I am thinking of having a post party party ... lol. I can see the kids with lunchboxes chock full of these yummy treats to share with their friends.

I am keeping this one short as the endless glass of champagne I consumed for a period of elevenish hours is beginning to catch up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment